- Savonia University of Applied Sciences
|Social and health care, Kuopio
Social and health care & rural Industries, Iisalmi
|Basis of Education||Competence Standards||Structure of Studies||Development of Expertise||Methods and implementation||Course Table|
|Name||Service Design Thinking|
|Objectives||The student obtains an overview of the service design thinking and methods. He/she acquires knowledge of specific techniques and guidelines which emphasize the aspects of user-centric and culturally & socially appropriate service design. The student also learns to understand important factors to consider when developing and applying service design processes.|
|Content||- Service design thinking and its methods and processes. |
- Understanding the service design challenge: the users, business environment and applicable technologies.
- Observing, profiling, creating empathy for the users, participating with the users and being visual during the whole process.
- Creating and prototyping ideas as well as idea evaluation and improvement together with the clients and the users.
- Implementing, maintaining and developing the services.
- Operating with business realities.
|Requirements||A small project work.|
|Methods||This course is based on practice-oriented online education. Online studies. Literature. Guided exercises. Discussions.|
|Grading Scale||Passed - Failed|
|Course material||STICDORN, M. & SCHNEIDER, J. (ed.) 2010. This is Service Design Thinking. Basics - Tools - Cases. Amsterdam: BIS Publishers.|
Dorst, K. 2015. Frame innovation: create new thinking by design. Cambridge: MIT Press.
Pidätämme oikeuden opetussuunnitelmien muutoksiin mm. opiskeltavien sisältöjen päivitystarpeiden takia.