- Savonia University of Applied Sciences
Music and Dance, Kuopio
|Social and health care, Kuopio
Social and health care & rural Industries, Iisalmi
|Basis of Education||Competence Standards||Structure of Studies||Development of Expertise||Methods and implementation||Course Table|
|Objectives||The student can|
- write the maturity test showing expertise in the field of his/her studies and proficiency in communication and language skills
- discuss the maturity test assignment in a logical manner, showing professional competence and with relevance to the assignmnet questions
- summarise his/her thesis and focus on the essential concepts, facts and findings
- write a professional text in the appropriate style and without grammar mistakes.
|Content||Enrolling to and writing the maturity test.|
|Requirements||The student enrols to the maturity test after his/her thesis has been submitted for assessment.|
The student in an international degree programme who has completed his/her school education in Finnish or Swedish writes the maturity test in Finnish or Swedish. The student who has completed his/her school education abroad or in a language other than Finnish or Swedish writes the maturity test in the language of instruction of the degree programme in question.
The thesis supervisor prepares maturity test questions on the student's thesis content. The student answers the question(s) of his/her choice.
The student is not allowed to bring any material to the examination room. The maturity test comprises about four pages of text written by the student or 400-600 word. The student can spend up to three hours (3x60 min) on the test.
|Grading Scale||Passed - 0|
|Course material||The student receives the maturity test assignment after entering the examination classroom.|
|Prerequisites||Completion of LIONT50 Thesis Project 1 and LIONT60 Thesis Project 2.|
|Other Considerations||Information on the student's maturity test is given on the degree certificate.|
We reserve the right to make changes to the curriculum due to the need to update the content being studied.