- Savonia University of Applied Sciences
|Name||ERDI - Empowering Regional Development and Innovations|
|Description||The European partner countries struggle with economic and social challenges. Remote and rural regions suffer from decreasing economy, unemployment and migration. ERDI seeks solutions to these problems boosting the expertise, entrepreneurship and co-creation of knowledge in bioeconomy. Bioeconomy in ERDI refers to a sustainable but profitable use of renewable natural resources in the field of energy and
agriculture. Bioeconomy is one of the growing businesses in Europe. It is a tool for sustainable and inclusive economic growth and job creation. However, bioeconomy still suffers from a lack of skilled labour and also business models are still too few. ERDI project aims for better graduate employability and improved competitiveness of the regional economy to gain better income in the future.
ERDI works through a multidisciplinary and international network of educational institutions, enterprises and administrators. ERDI develops the studentsí and other beneficiariesí expertise in bioeconomy and supports multicultural and transversal skills. ERDI also internationalises the education; fosters innovations and builds bridges between the stakeholders on different levels and regions. Furthermore, ERDI improves the openness and availability of higher education through innovative digital educational materials.
ERDI aims and objectives are met through four main work packages: Curriculum development; innovative digital learning tools; knowledge alliance models and business networks. The work plan formulates an entity where the up-to-date issues raising from the HEI and industry partnersí strategic, long term development and needs can be explored and solved. Together the co-creation of knowledge and expertise
has impacts to the graduate employability, bio-economy businesses and regional development.
The aims are accomplished by five concrete objectives:
1. ERDI internationalises the education by developing multidisciplinary, dynamic, working life serving, learner centred and international curriculum;
2. ERDI supports accessibility of education by applying innovative and interactive digital e-learning tools and materials;
3. ERDI defines the core competences of a bioeconomy expert to rise the working life relevance of education;
4. ERDI boosts co-creation of knowledge with the working life establishing innovative, concrete and systemic participatory knowledge alliances on regional and international level; and
5. ERDI strengthens bioeconomy business, entrepreneurship and employability sharing business models and innovations in local, regional and international networks.
The ERDI objectives lead to the following results:
1. Competence descriptions;
2. ERDI course (30 credits, one semester, international);
3. Innovative digital e-learning tools;
4. Digital, open educational materials;
5. Knowledge alliance models and tools;
6. Business networks and practises;
7. Dissemination materials.
Together these concrete and measurable results raise the level of higher education and its labour market relevance leading to better graduate employability. The results promote the competitiveness of the regional economies supporting the coherence of the society. ERDI provides new and easily applicable tools and
deeper understanding with an international dimension to the bioeconomy business and regional development. In the end, ERDI raises the possibilities to exploit the higher educationís role in the development of the societies and its contribution to the European prosperity.
|Partners||Hankkeessa on mukana yhteensä 15 korkeakoulu-, kehittäjäorganisaatio- ja yrityskumppania Hollannista, Kanadasta, Slovakiasta, Tsekistä ja Unkarista.|
|Funded by||Erasmus +|